Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Yep, Sudafed really does jack my blood sugar up!

So my Sudafed experiment has taken place sooner than I would have liked.  I have my second cold of the Winter.  The last one was just a month ago, so I am not exactly excited about it.

So it really DOES make my blood sugar spike all to heck.  I am a bit slow and finally realizing this today, sometimes I just give up trying to figure out exactly what makes me spike sometimes.  You know the wind could blow weird and my blood sugar would spike, or I look at a donut.  LOL, just kidding.  Sometimes it does feel like that though.

So anyways I look like Rudolf and I feel like I got ran over by a truck.  Day 5 and I dont see this cold ending real soon.  When Friday comes if I am not better I am going to see about meds for this sinus b.s. That's the only way I kicked it last time.  My last cold took THREE freakin weeks to get over and I slept on my couch for 10 days or my coughing fits would wake up our child.  No one wants to wake a baby.  Especially mine. 

My childs bday party is next weekend and I didn't plan on looking like I haven't slept in 5 days or this wonderfully chapped face! 

What is up with this Winter!?  Everyone has been sick and sick with nasty colds.  I haven't had a cold in about 3 years and I get TWO this year?  Spring please hurry up! 

I am not giving up my sudafed, I cant breathe without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.