Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, October 13, 2017

My new tslim X2 Insulin Pump came today!

Today was day 1 of another 4 year journey with an insulin pump. This is my third pump/4yr relationship with a pump. Lol!

My original tslim went out of warranty 2 months ago. Talk about sweating it. I had to wait for new insurance to kick in a month ago and it took the new insurance a month to approve it.

I got the new tslim x2 with integrated Dexcom G5 data!

I am excited and thankful to have this technology in my hands. I am even more excited for the upcoming closed loop pump that takes the Dexcom data and self regulates my blood sugar. I have friends on Facebook in the final patient trials, this is such an exciting time in my lifes journey living with type 1 Diabetes.

I am hopeful that it will be in 2018 sometime. I am thankful to have the pump that will just have to be plugged into the computer, updated and will use the latest closed loop technology.

Here's to four more years attached to a medical device that hopefully in one year be doing me a whole lot more good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.