Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, January 10, 2022

Living with type 1 and trying to wrangle your child's t1d at the same time.

The weight and stress of having type 1 Diabetes and having your child also have type 1 Diabetes is back breaking. My sweet little kiddo must be making some insulin again, pancreas is trying to sputter, and was low over and over last night and today even with no insulin on board.  Today I finally told the CDE that it's time to try an insulin pump.  Even nph is too powerful and every little thing the kid does causes a low and even when there may only be 0.5u or 1.0u on board....HOURS later.  On a plus side my hair that all fell out from diagnosis is growing back...I look like I am growing out like a half pixie cut all over my head, it's great.  Even the excitement of school is causing lows...how on earth are we suppose to navigate this mess....did I mention yet that I HATE type 1 Diabetes? 🤬  Starting the process to get the tslim x2 like I wear.  The kid needs smaller than .5u doses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.