Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Never ignore your DEXCOM! NEVER EVER EVER!

Never ignore your Dexcom!

So on Saturday I decided it would be a good idea to ignore my Dexcom because I thought it was going wonky on me and we were watching a movie and it was close to two weeks old.  YES that is a HORRIBLE spike in my blood sugar on that graph right there, and YES, I am an idiot and ignored it for too long!  I gave several correction doses after I realized I was going high and figured they would work, they always do.  NOT on Saturday!  I finally got up and looked at my infusion set...alas, it was leaking insulin.  I have NEVER had a set go bad in this way in 4 years, ever.  This was the first time.  So I put a new set in and then corrected with a syringe and well you guessed it, I crashed SUPER hard and had to drink about 4 or 6 (I lost count how many I drank because my bg was in the 40's) 15 carb juice boxes to counteract the correction that finally kicked in.

 Diabetes I HATE YOU! Go crawl under a rock and never come out!  There that should do it right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.