Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Sunday, October 6, 2019

I restarted my Dexcom G6 sensor with an 81XXX transmitter!

#Diabetes #Dexcom #TandemDiabetes #Type1Diabetes #dsma

I finally got my first 81XXX Dexcom G6  transmitter and today was my first sensor restart attempt with it. I keep reading about everyone failures and attempts to get it to restart as apparently Dexcom is on to us and is trying desperately to stop us from restarting.  I hear the 8GXXX transmitters are even harder to restart sensors.


I tried my old way (before the sensor session expired) of turning off my android's blue tooth for 2 hrs and 10 minutes while the readings were still on my pump, just to make sure it will not work.  This did not work.  It went all the way down on the countdown and then told me no restarts.  BUMMER.
🤬😡🤪😫

So of course my sensor session had ended/stopped on my phone and pump.  I popped the transmitter out using a very small flat zip tie end, (if you do not know what a zip tie is, google is your friend) the gap seems even smaller on the newer transmitters.  I had one heck of a time getting it wedged in there and popping the tab, using a test strip has not yet worked for me (google will also show you how to pop a G6 transmitter out).  A few swear words may have been said.

I took the transmitter out and off the sensor, set a timer for 15 minutes, then I popped the transmitter backed in, started the sensor session on my pump and phone using the same sensor code and impatiently waited 2 hours watching the countdown.  I always start a sensor session on my pump separately because it logs my sensor codes and I can just go back and look at them vs taking pictures of each one.

It worked!! It worked!! It worked!! I have readings on my phone and pump!!
😀😁😆🤩

My set up is an Android Samsung S8 with the official Dexcom app and my tslim x2 pump.  My friend uses an iPhone and she told me that this way worked for her.

5 comments:

  1. I have tried something similar. I also have 81xxxx transmitter. I am due for a restart today. I will write down the steps I follow and try this out and report back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This worked for me as well. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this work for the G6 8Hxxxx transmitters? I started using this new series in November 2109 and have not been able to restart the sensors but not tried popping the transmitters out of the sensor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked for my Firefly 8GXXXX transmitter and is a lifesaver :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Megan, I am new to the G6, just got my first box of sensors and transmitter. My transmitter is a 82XXXX. Do you know if your method works with the 82XXX transmitter?

    ReplyDelete

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.