Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, November 1, 2013

How becoming a diabetic ruins any modesty

A few funny stories ( now funny ) about insulin pump mishaps.

At a play with my family. My mom and I take a potty break along with 200 other women. I do my business and ripped my site out off my butt in the freakin bathroom! Yuck! So luckily I have my purse and the spare set I always carry. So I have to exit my tuna can stall and put a new set on my side/hip/butt in front of 50 women staring at me like I have three heads. Yeah not awesome. Its funny now though. I wonder what they thought I was doing.

Leaving my cousins rehearsal dinner in another city, 5 hours away, my aunt and cousin in the back of my husbands truck. Im the dd as I was pg and just as I sit down to drive my infusion set stabs me in the leg so bad that I have to jump out of the truck, whip my pants off and yank that dang thing out of my leg. Yep, pants came down and all, in a public parking lot. It was probably the worst a set has stabbed me. Mustve hit a nerve because it felt like a knife in my leg. Luckily again, I had my spare set with me and changed it at my aunts house.

So to make a long story short, you always need to have spare everything with you at all times when you wear a pump. It has saved me many times. None of the other times were as funny though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.