Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

When you get out of your vehicle at work in just the wrong way

It happened again.  I moved just the right way when I got out of my Jeep at work today.

BAM horrible stabbing terrific pain in the side of my butt where my infusion set was!  Holy CRAP does that freakin hurt!

This sort of thing happens to me without fail when I wear sets in my legs which is why I was forced to stop using my legs.

I somehow with my awesome graceful talented self managed to bend the cannula inside the fat on my butt to the point where it was stabbing the living daylights out of me.  Its days like this I wish I had more fat on my butt so this wouldn't happen (I am only of those people with not much for a butt, LOL trust me having a scrawny butt isn't all its cracked up to be, thank my genetics for that I suppose).

The only way I can describe this pain is like a constant bee sting that you cannot stop until you yank the pump site out. Its great you should try it some time.  I am just always amazed at how bad that tiny little piece of plastic can hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.