Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, January 4, 2016

My Dexcom transmitter and how I sometimes carry my Dexcom and Insulin pump in the last place you would expect!


So my transmitter I ordered in July and opened 1 month ago is starting to lose big gaps in coverage, like hours of saying it it out of range when it is clearly attached to my ankle.  (yeah I carry it on my ankle in cold months when I am wearing long pants)  I have one week left of warranty and we are getting new health insurance.  I wont have the new health insurance information/ID card for probably another 10 days.  So you know what that means!?  FREAK OUT time!

Luckily I called Dexcom today and they offered to replace my transmitter with one that has a 60 day warranty, so at least I can get approved for a new transmitter in that time frame.  THANK YOU DEXCOM!

(Can you see my Dexcom or Tslim on my ankles?   Nooooo)


(Well there they are and YES I am wearing black long underwear, its freakin cold here, ok!  Tslim in a baby sock in a Spiband from Spibelt.com)



Maybe in the mean time the G5 will get FDA Android approval and then I can just order the G5 and have it sent to my phone and not worry about losing my receiver constantly.  I am still kind of worried about the G5 and that you HAVE to replace it every 6 months.  The costs scare me, I guess until I know the cost of my portion with this new insurance I will just wait to freak out.
 
Yeah, right, I will wait to freak out about the high cost of living with Type 1 Diabetes, I will try anyway.


 (Dexcom in a Tally Gear case from Tallygear.com)



Please leave me your comments, it helps keep me motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.