Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, June 6, 2014

If I could only remember to change profiles

I  LOVE LOVE the ability to create different profiles in my t:slim insulin pump but I hate the fact that I CANNOT remember to switch back!
I have a profile called yardwork, yes yardwork and the basal is at the lowest possible setting .1 units and I use this profile for when I am in fact doing yard work and when I am outside at work taking pictures of cars. It may seem trivial but getting in and out of cars really does make me go low. Its a bit crazy in fact.
So I was smart today and set my profile to yard work because I was going low. I only had to eat fruit strip thing. I said to myself I will not forget to change my profile back to normal.
I got done taking pics and bg was great. Left to go to my orthodontist appt and I went low again. Jeesh. Still forgetting about that profile.
So then jump ahead a few hours, I eat lunch, bolus for it and then an hour later Im 325! Wth? Take a correction. An hour later still high!?
Now Im thinking something is seriously wrong! Then it dawns on me! Ahhhh I never changed profiles. Crrrrap!
So I way override my correction and not until several hours do I crash. I saw on my Dexcom I was going low but not at the rate I was really going. Yep all the way down to 41. Awesome sauce. Yep I turned into an angry monster whos brain felt like it was going to die if I didnt eat. I did ok until we went to eat with my in laws and I ate a ton of carbs. Two white bread rolls, french fries and half a tuna crossant. I try to never eat french fries or white rolls because they destroy my blood sugar. Somehow though my bg is 121 right now. Hmmm.....
Check out that horrible roller coaster dexcom picture. I sure wish I could find the exit to this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.