Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Thursday, June 5, 2014

New Medtronic Device Combines CGM Sensor & Insulin Infusion Site

Medtronic announced its launch of the Minimed Duo on Tuesday, after getting CE Mark approval for European sale early this week.

"Medtronic is leading the charge on new diabetes devices again, with a first-of-its-kind combo device launched in Europe that brings a continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) sensor and insulin infusion set together into a single device with combined insertion capability!"

Read about the information here on Diabetes Mine:  http://www.diabetesmine.com/2014/06/newsflash-new-medtronic-device-combines-cgm-sensor-and-insulin-infusion-set.html 

For me personally I am not sure if I like the idea of changing my sensor out every three days.  It doesnt seem very cost effective considering I can get two weeks out of one Dexcom Sensor?......  Im more into waiting (ever so impatiently) on a dual chambered pump and can also bring up my BG without my intervention (the closed loop artificial pancreas project).   That system cannot get here fast enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.