Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, July 28, 2014

One of the cons of my tslim insulin pump



Day not even four for this cartridge.  :-( The insulin has decided it wanted to go bad this morning.  I was like what in the WORLD is going on, I kept correcting and no results. Yep I feel like garbage with a headache.  I guess after being outside most of the weekend and one really warm and humid afternoon/evening on Saturday, I just cooked my insulin.  This NEVER happened with my Medtronic pump.  In fact I could use insulin in the same cartridge for over 7 days.  With the tslim, in my experience, my insulin will not go past four days.  I am on Humalog but I wonder if switching to Novolog would help me stretch it out more.  With this pump I am almost never changing my site and insulin at the same time.  Has anyone out there had good luck with Novolog in a tslim going past 4 days?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.