Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

(reblogging from Nov 2013) PortaPocket and why it rocks my Diabetic life!

Thank you Kendra Kroll owner of PortaPocket!

So the owner of PortaPocket sent me some of her products to try. I got the small and medium sized pockets and 12 and 18 inch bands.

I am the kind of person who wants to reclaim her pants pocket for things other than Diabetic junk.
Sometimes the pockets in my work pants are too small or they just dont exsist. So I use my ankles. 


Call me weird but it works and after about 3 days you dont notice it at all anymore.  Plus when I use my ankles you would have no idea I had a pump on me. 

I also wear my dexcom on my ankles sometimes. I have a tally gear case and I like because it protects Dex from water and dropping it.  I need more options sometimes though.

<<===This is the small pocket on a  12" band held on with velcro.  The velcro makes it easy to unattach from your leg.  It holds my t:slim pump very well!




This would also work to carry your testing supplies and glucose tablets. 

Use your legs as pockets!

I dont even feel this on my ankle at all.


<=====This is the medium pocket and 18" band on my thigh, outside of my pants because I dont feel like flashing you all and scaring you with my chicken legs!  It is a slide on pocket that is held on firmly with two straps on the back of the pocket.  It holds my t:slim or Dexcom very well!






These would also be good for women who wear dresses or skirts. I do not wear either so I cant really test it out, but so far when I put it on it is secure. No slipping down and flopping around.

Us Diabetics need options.

The t:slim is on my other ankle here in this pic under my pant leg.




Check out her website www.portapocket.com  

I have had this for a year now and still wear it almost everyday in the cold/pant wearing months in Illinois!  I love it as much as when I first got it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.