Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, July 13, 2015

In just two days, two beautiful children have been lost to undiagnosed type 1 Diabetes.

In just two days the world lost two angels to undiagnosed Type 1 Diabetes.

Many people had been following Kycie's story on Kisses for Kycie on Facebook.  On July 11th they posted that she had lost her battle after fighting back so hard after having a serious brain injury as her brain herniated into her brain stem.  She fought back so hard and was able to relearn so many things only to have her life taken by a virus so very quickly, from what I am gathering online.


You can make a donation to the family to help with expenses and I am sure they will continue to fight for Type 1 Diabetes Awareness and Advocacy. http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/kisses-for-kycie/300561#.VM_9nr7cCqM.facebook

Reading that she passed what completely and utterly shocking.  I don't know this family at all but I had been reading and watching their updates and praying so hard for her to get better and be able to regain all that she had lost.  This little girl has inspired so many and actually saved other children's' lives because of all the attention her story got.  So many people did not and do not realize how life threatening Type 1 Diabetes is and can be unless its caught in time and treated properly.  This little angel named Kycie has helped people be more aware of the symptoms and forced more people to ask their children's' doctors to check their blood sugar or they are checking it themselves at home in times of question.

My heart is broken for her family.  I have a 2 year old little girl and it takes my breath away to even think of her being gone for one second. I cannot imagine what their pain has got to feel like.  I know they are faithful people and I am praying for them and hope they can find some sort of new way to live.  I know she is fully healed in Heaven now but that doesnt take away our Earthly pain and heart ache.

Then I read about another little angel David who lost his life the next day on July 12th.  Here is their page:  http://www.gofundme.com/z592ads?fb_action_ids=1009857665699664&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=m_d_ty


I cannot believe these little kids have lost their life from undiagnosed type 1 Diabetes.  I am just in shock.

It is 2015, how are doctors missing that these kids have Type 1 Diabetes....and for such a long period of time.  A quick blood sugar check takes 5 seconds.


I was just informed of a new group on facebook fighting to make these undiagnosed type 1 diabetes related deaths STOP! UP Rising Against DKA group on Facebook  I just joined the group myself.


PLEASE help the Diabetes Community by knowing these things and be an advocate for your child/friend/family member if they are sick and no one seems to be able to figure out the cause!  PLEASE help us to put a STOP to these little babies/children/kids/adults from dying from undiagnosed type 1 diabetes.

Link to the poster: http://www.testonedrop.org/posters.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.