Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, November 13, 2017

Trying so hard to expand my insulin pump site rotation sites.

Those of you who use outer thigh/saddlebag area for pump sites and use angled sets, do you have them going up and down or side to side inside your leg? I keep trying to branch out and use my legs but everytime I do it the darn thing hurts all the time.  Im thin and dont have much fat on my legs.  This is the only place on my leg I can put a pump site. I can't use my stomach at all because the infusion set burns the whole time, and it is not bearable pain, kind of like my leg but a little bit less. I can't use 90 degree sets because they stab me internally and get bent nonstop. I also can't stand metal cannulas at all, they also stab me. I get so tired of this disease when it comes to pump sites and all the issues I have with them and the literal pain they cause me.  I don't know if I have particularly sensitive tissue or what the deal is.  I just know that while sitting here with a set in my leg it is hurting and it really pisses me off. As I get closer to my goal body fat percentage I worry more about where will I put my pump without any pain and how in the world do the people with almost zero bodyfat even wear a stupid insulin pump?....  Today I am really sick and tired of living with t1d and all these freaking medical devices attached to me nonstop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.