Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, February 11, 2022

My little warrior's pump arrived today

My little warrior's Tandem x2 insulin pump arrived today. Today is both a good day and a really heart breaking day wrapped into one.  

My child is excited and I am hoping to be able to keep her upbeat and positive about it.  So far I think I have done a really good job. It would help tremendously if people would stop making the comment about how horrible it truly is.  We know, we all know TRUST ME, but staying positive helps everyone, especially her.     

Positive things people could say would be like oh you have a Dexcom that is awesome or you are getting a pump that is going to make it so much easier and free you from ( she gets 5-10) insulin shots a day!  I don't want this disease to knock her down or take away her very happy and spirited personality. 

So if you know us, try to be positive and upbeat, don't make her feel any worse about it. We are excited for her to have a better tool to control her diabetes and have less low and high blood sugars.  

So here is to kicking Diabetes' ass a little bit more! 

On a side note THANK YOU Kaj our Tandem Rep, Sue our CDE and Dr. Alexandrou for letting me push our treatment plan faster to a pump because the smallest insulin syringe isn't small enough for my small fry and using NPH has been great but that 3 hour peak has been a bit of a wild ride. I would have lost my mind without the team at Iowa City Children's Hospital. You guys ROCK! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.