Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, December 28, 2018

Insulin quality control sucks!

#Diabetes #Dexcom #TandemDiabetes #Type1Diabetes #dsma

For the first time ever since my t1d diagnosis in 2000 I had a bottle of insulin lose potency.

All damn day yesterday I battled my blood sugar. I took corrections via pump, a syringe and insulin bottle. I could keep it hovering around 300 but not get it any lower.


I finally got out a new insulin bottle, changed my x2 cartridge, tubing and put in a brand new pump site. Took another correction via syringe and it took several more hours to come down.

Apparently my insulin had degraded or something, which I have never had happen before.  Craziest thing ever and I felt like I was going crazy. 

It is finally back down to normal now.  What a stressful ordeal, I was starting to worry about ketones, which I don't currently own any ketone strips, and dka.  I only got mildly sick to my stomach so I wasn't really worried yet plus I was chugging water. 

Needless to say T1d is such an unpredictible beast at times and then the tools you need and rely on to work, don't work, it makes it even harder and more stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.