Like I am a Diabetic Warrior on Facebook
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
WHAT. A. JOKE. They use to cover them both equally, what happened?!
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
We voted them into office. Tell them to #Vote4DM.
There are three diabetes bills that are currently in play up on Capitol Hill.
S539/HR1074 – National Diabetes Clinical Care Commission Act (Coordinate)
S945/HR1274 – Access to Quality Diabetes Education Acts (Diabetes Education)
S2689/HR5644 – Medicare CGM Access Act of 2014 (Cover CGM)
PLEASE Go here to tweet! http://www.stripsafely.com/the-twitter-page/
Monday, October 20, 2014
"SAN DIEGO, Oct 20, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Dexcom, Inc. DXCM, +1.16% a leader in continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) for patients with diabetes, announced today that it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its CGM remote mobile communications device: Dexcom SHARE"
Info live now on Dexcom's website!
Friday, October 17, 2014
I may be a bit absent for a while as tomorrow we are putting our 13 yr old Boxer to rest. He has had Diabetes since March 2013 amongst some other health issues and due to his old age and partially Diabetes I think, his health has just crashed this past month, well really this past year. Im a total wreck over this and Ive cried all day for the most part, so if you leave me comments and I dont get them approved or message you back its because I cant read my phone screen while crying like a baby. I cant even talk about it anymore.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
I did the information online but it didnt work so I ended up calling them and they did everything over the phone with me, gave me all the numbers for the ID and the bins and all that jazz then mailed me the actual card in the mail.
My co-pay for Humalog and Novolog are $50.00 for every refill. Humalog/Eli Lilly doesnt offer any programs for people with Health Insurance/people who pay an arm and a leg to have health insurance. Novolog/Novo Nordisk does offer a discount card and I think its wonderful that they are willing to help their customers out with their copays. So now I pay $25.00 copay for every refill. It may only seem like a small amount but when you add up a whole year, I save $300.00 After you pile that on the over $10,000 our family pays for health care every little bit saved helps.
So if you are on the fence about switching and need to save some money I highly recommend this program and their customer service has so far been really great!
Novolog savings card: http://www.novolog.com/NovoLogSavings/NovoLogSavings.aspx
Interview with Harvard’s Professor Doug Melton, the Harvard scientist who discovered how to generate functioning beta-cells from stem cells (reported on last week). More hope for a type 1 Diabetes cure.
Interview with Harvard’s Professor Doug Melton
Scientific research is painfully slow and hard. Fifteen years ago we began our work in the lab with stem cells and a few weeks ago we finally discovered how to produce functioning beta-cells.— Professor Doug Melton
Here is the link to the article:
Monday, October 6, 2014
1. I cut a piece of smith and nephew opsite flexifix the same exact shape as the built in white tape except a little bit bigger all the way around. I have yet to make a pattern for this but I will next time and post pictures.
2. I still wipe my skin with an alcohol wipe or two to get any sort of oil or lotion off my skin from bar soap or body wash or whatever product you use as it may leave a residue on your skin.
3. Apply this oval shaped tape to the skin and I personally hold my hand over it to help warm it up and adhere better. I do not cut a hole in this tape for the sensor wire, I just poke right through it.
4. Pull white paper off the built in adhesive off the Dexcom sensor applicator and put it over top the oval you just applied to your skin. Push the plunger and apply your sensor as usual.
5. Then I use my previous method of taping around the sensor. You can find that post here: http://typeonediabeticwarrior.blogspot.com/2013/09/how-i-tape-down-my-dexcom-to-get-more.html