Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

So I made the switch to G6 Dexcom

I had been planning on staying with the G5 Dexcom set up but after Tandem announced that the PLGS software was only going to be with G6 I decided to make the upgrade as my transmitter was due to croak in less than a month.


I finally hooked it up and got it running 9 days ago. Today I did the restart and it worked perfectly. The first day of the freshly inserted G6 had terrible accuracy.  I only knew this because I left my G5 on for the first 2 days also.  It was a little crazy having 2 dexcom graphs on my phone and it was a bit of a nightmare to figure out which one was alarming and then I finally shut G5 alarms off after G6 decided to get its act together.




I admit no calibrations was nice but I still didn't trust it. So I still did bg checks. I LOVE the thinner profile, it is much less noticable under clothes and I catch it a lot less on my clothes.

Doing the restart was nerve wracking but it worked and I was amazed.

So Im on day 9 and restarted it today.

Here is to hoping I can get 3-4 weeks on one sensor like I use to.

Now just to wait for the Tandem x2 software update and closed loop next year!!! I can't wait!! It feels like we have been waiting an eternity and yet now it is almost here! I am so excited!

Click here for directions on how to restart your G6 sensors.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard nothing but great things about it so i hoe it works for you.

    ReplyDelete

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.