Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, January 17, 2014

Ok so everyone has seen the Google contact lens by now right?

Google and the contact lens to monitor you blood glucose readings.   Its crazy.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/introducing-our-smart-contact-lens.html



I think this is great, I hope it can get to the market for people who can tolerate contact lenses.  I am not one of those people.  My eyeballs HATE contacts.  That stinks.

I want something that can check my blood sugar, not be painful, not have to be taped down to my body, whacked on doorways, or protrude out so far everyone can see it (Dexcom G4 and your giant profile that I dont love).  One that can be sent to my phone and then let me give permission to have it sent to a loved one, like my husband, so he knows I am ok.  All the time.  Maybe something like a watchband or something with such a tiny wire and needle introducer that I can put it on my arm or my ankle or somewhere that I dont whack on doorways or corners of things.

I can dream right.

Not dreaming about a cure just better treatments and products.

Thats what I want to see in my life.

I just want to wear a pump and cgm and not have to touch it, hence the "artificial" pancreas projects going on and hopefully one of them will be approved by 2015, I think was the target date, right?

Can you imagine, EATING FOOD, and not doing any math or punching any buttons or worrying about what you just ate and how BAD your blood glucose might be afterward or how BAD you over or under guessed the carbs and worrying about a subsequent low or high.  YEAH. I am ready for that and I cannot imagine how ready people are who have had this disease for 20, 30, 40 years!

Man just thinking about the daily battles I have now, for another 40 years, uhhhhh, it makes me sick.

So I try not to focus on that so much and focus on today, I can only change today. 

We can only change todays blood sugars and work on today.  That is going to be my focus and my CDE CALLI, is amazing.  I went to see her yesterday, she helped me change a bunch of things and today is looking much better.   I have got to STOP being to stubborn and ask for help sooner when I am having issues.

Diabetes and stubbornness, I think they go hand in hand for a lot of us.  At least it does for me.

Anyways thats all, I hope you are all kicking your blood sugars butts today and have readings that make you smile instead of cringe or cry.


I love this:
http://whatdiabetesshouldcallme.tumblr.com/post/72109043293/how-i-feel-about-people-who-choose-to-make-ignorant

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.