Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Blogging hiatus

#Diabetes #Dexcom #TandemDiabetes #Type1Diabetes #dsma

The world has gone insane since I last blogged! 

We started a huge home remodel project this January and did a big portion of the remodel ourselves then Covid hit, the schools closed, we got goats and then horses!  I haven't had much time to do much blogging to say the least.  Ha!


I got Tandem's control iq software during our remodeling project and that was a bit of a nightmare to be honest.  I was doing so much physically demanding work that my blood sugar was tanking nonstop even with activity mode turned on.  I was eating sugar nonstop to keep it from crashing, which as you know is not good, ever.  After a friend of mine, who works with Tandem, offered to help I was in much better shape and FINALLY stopped crashing! That was a really rough couple of weeks going low.  

The remodel was a lot of work. We did almost all the demo ourselves and I would keep working on ripping the house apart after my husband went to work.  Then I caulked all the new trim myself and did almost all of the painting, we contracted out some of the trim painting just to get me ahead of all the work.  Otherwise I did all the drywall priming and then painting.  It took me 8 10 hour days to paint it all.  I also stained and polyurethaned all 
6 of our knotty pine doors.  Each door took me 7 hours of work. We also installed all of the flooring ourselves. 

After all that house work for 6 months I am going to physical therapy because I am fairly certain I wrecked my back and shoulders.  I just started working out again this week.  A 10 month hiatus is too long, never go that long, I have lost a lot of strength to say the least! 

Control iq has been amazing now after all the insanity! My a1c is the lowest its been in years and now I am working towards getting it even lower.  I hope you are all still being kickass diabetic warriors! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.