Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, April 8, 2022

Honeymoon phase

My little warrior's pancreas is working overtime lately.  She has had only basal insulin all day, not a single bolus.  Honeymoon phase is insane and insanely frustrating! The other day her pump site somehow managed to get near a blood vessel, which I had no idea about until her bolus sent her crashing into the 50's then of course her dinner hit full force since the insulin was in and out so fast so then she shot to the 300's.  I love insulin pumps except for when crap like that happens.  I only knew that was the issue after pulling the site the next day and the cannula was full of blood.  Go figure.  Somedays I really feel like pulling all my hair out and just crying until my tears dry up but I know that won't accomplish a damn thing.  So I pull myself out of it and say this is just another day in the life of type 1 diabetes=just do the best you can do for today and tomorrow is a new day, start fresh.  After years of managing my own type 1 diabetes and now my little kid's diabetes I am not sure how I will have any sanity left by the time she moves out some day....then my worry will shift to worrying about her because she is not in my care anymore.  For the love of God PLEASE someone cure type 1 Diabetes before my baby moves out.   I wish there was a way to navigate the honeymoon phase but there is not and there is no way to even know or guess what it is going to do. I wish this disease was easier to manage and not like a total crap shoot most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.