Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Not the way to start your morning.

So Im changing my infusion set this morning and my Dexcom sensor expired 2 hours ago so I restarted it. No big deal right? Yeah I yank my set and there is a spec of puss in it. Not so great but its not like thats never happened.  Put a new set in get it all hooked up and Dex is ready to calibrate. Ok great! Not great. My blood sugar is 500 and I had no clue besides my stomach feels kinda crappy.  This is why my Dexcom is so so very important. I had no idea I was 500! I mean come on holy crap 500!!!!! Freakn wnderful. So I just took a giant correction and now I cant calibrate Dex until Im under 400 since you cant enter a number over 400. Great way to start the day.  Now I feel like barfing and I have to drink a ton of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.