Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, May 16, 2016

Pump sites and healing them faster

Recently in a support group I am in the topic of insulin pump sites and healing came up.  A few ideas were shared and I just wanted to share what I use, for a non-medicated approach.

After my friend told me about Bio Oil and finally trying it, I was sold. I really like it, it absorbs quickly with no oily residue. For me it helps heal my site faster with less scaring. As far as scaring goes, I know all about it. Everything leaves a scar on my skin, including every single pump site. I have a map on my skin of previous sites. The bio oil helps them heal much faster and the scars fade quicker.

Keri Nourishing Shea Butter & Vitamin E Lotion, 15 fl ozI also use shea butter. I just use the Keri brand mostly but Bath and Body Works has or had great scents in their body butter lines which has shea butter in it. The keri brand is a bit greasy so I only wear it at night but the Bath and Body Works one could be worn anytime for me anyway, maybe not hot summer days though. Itll make you sweat and then your slimy. Yuck.

I try not to use steroid creams or antibiotic creams, as long term use of any of those isnt good. Steroid creams will thin your skin and antibiotic creams can give you dermatits and set you up for antibiotic resistant infections.

I hope this helps someone else out there.




Please leave me your comments, it helps keep me motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.