You have got to try this if you miss french toast. I melt the butter first, i think it gives a better result and then fry it on the stove with butter.
- 3 tbsp plus 1 heaping tsp almond flour
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (add half to batter and use the other half on top)
- 3 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Crack egg into coffee mug, mix in all ingredients EXCEPT for the butter.
- When the batter is smooth and completely mixed, then add your tablespoon of butter right into the center. No need to mix it in or melt it first.
- Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave strength. When it's done it should still be soft and spongy.
- Carefully slice it in half and stick the two halves in the toaster (I pan fry this after microwaving. Our toaster tends to trap this in the slots and makes it difficult to get out after toasting.)
- Top with more butter, cinnamon, sweetener or sugar free pancake syrup.
- 326 Calories; 27g Fat; 13g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 5 net carbs