Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Darn Dexcom wire

I love my Dexcom, I really do but I hate it when it is poking/stabbing my arm muscle.  I just switched to arm sites for my dexcom again and due to the fact that I havent had it there in a long time I sort of forgot exactly where it needs to go to not hurt.  It has been stabbing me in the arm muscle now for 5 days.  I am trying hard to tough it out to day 7 then yank this damn thing off.  I dont think I am going to make it.  I never know exactly when its going to stab me and holy crap it hurts and I jump every time.  Its like getting an immunization shot into the muscle every time it pokes me.  I cant sleep on my left arm or pick things up or put my arm up.  I am left handed here people.  Its AWESOME to not be able to use it without being stabbed!  I cant ask for a replacement either because it is expired.  Major bummer.  Hopefully this arm stabbing isnt something I will have to deal with from now on because I have lost some weight but I know people whoms arms are all muscle and wear it there so there has got to be some way to use my arms this winter again without being stabbed.  One can hope right? 



Im back to putting just opsite flexifix under the dexcom tape and it has stayed on very well so far for 5 days. Pay no attention to the 20 year old wallpaper in my work office that needs to be ripped down.  I just never get time to get it done. 










 This is what it looks like under my shirt with the thinner transmitter! (no wrist injury just my gosh darn tendonitis that comes back every other month)


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the pain you get when the wire hits muscle. It happens to me on my upper thigh. I have had to move it a couple of times. I am thin and don't have much flab to insert into. But we do what we can.

    ReplyDelete

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.