Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, February 17, 2017

I got brave and put my Dexcom sensor on my calf.

I keep reading how people are using their calf for their Dexcom sensor placement. I look at these pictures and cringe. It looks like it would be horribly painful.

Today I decided what the heck, I wont know until I try it.

I warned my 4 yr old watching me that I might scream, hahaha!  

No screaming involved! I did it and it didn't hurt. I found the fattiest part of my calf and I have seriously got chicken legs. Like they could pass for a 10 year olds legs.  I put it on right below the knee on the inside of my leg.

Im waiting for my 2 hour start up so I dont yet know if it will work or not.  I will keep you posted!  I'll also post a picture when I get out of my pjs.  Lol!

Warning graphic image of my chicken leg below:



2 comments:

  1. How did this work for you? I am going to try my calf this weekend and my legs are kinda skinny too, so I hope it worked :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked well! I am now using a little above my knees inside and outside of my leg.

      Delete

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.