Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, March 16, 2015

What foods do you wish you could eat again with Type 1 Diabetes?

Foods I miss eating with no worry or regret of what will happen to my bloodsugar or the impossible battle afterward:

  • Pizza
  • Pancakes
  • Donuts
  • Cake
  • Pie
  • Cookies
  • Chocolate
  • Belgium Waffles
  • Bread
  • Bread
  • Did I mention BREAD, WHITE BREAD?  My grandma would say the whiter the bread, the sooner you're dead (because me and my siblings are all type 1)
  • Chinese Food
  • Rice
  • Ice Cream
  • Milkshakes
  • Pasta
  • Cereal
  • Snacking on anything without weighing it or worrying about how much I ate
  • Potatos of any kind

I swear Diabetes gives all of us an eating disorder....If I am not worried about how much food I am eating or how many carbs it has I am worried about my carb calculations, what will my blood sugar do after I eat this, going high afterward, going low afterward, feeling like dog crap afterward, wanting to sleep because my blood sugar went too high, feeling more hungry BECAUSE I went high, it all just makes life all the more difficult.  So much information to process non stop, its no wonder I cannot remember anything.  I cant imagine what I would do with all the extra space in my brain and less time consumed thinking about Diabetes and food.

During all of this I am incredibly thankful for my Dexcom because without it I swear my life would be so much more complicated.  I cannot even stand to go one day without my Dexcom data.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.