Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, March 30, 2015

Land of Lincoln Health Insurance and their inability to assist me

Dear Land Of Lincoln Health ( https://www.landoflincolnhealth.org/ )

     Why are you making things so difficult?  My endo and I have been trying for a month to get a co-pay tier over ride accomplished because I am allergic to your preferred insulin Novolog. Your pharmacy services company, Catamaran, told me that you would have no other choice but to cover my insulin at the preferred copay rate because of this allergy I developed while trying to conform to your demands in regards to my fast acting insulin choice.

     For a month I have made phone calls, waited on hold for 30 minutes or more, gotten the wrong information over 6 times, been transferred, been told to call a different number, been told to have my Endo's team call two different numbers, my Endo's RN has left numerous messages to have a supervisor call and yet you can SEE that they are suppose to call back in my patient account and YET NO ACTION has been taken?  Why?  WHY are you getting paid to serve the people who pay for their health insurance and yet no action has been taken at all?  WHY can no one call my Endo's office back, YOU HAVE the phone number in my file, you can SEE that you are suppose to call her back and still NOTHING, NADA, ZERO, ZILTCH!

    COME ON Land of Lincoln Health Insurance Company do your JOB!  I pay $100.00 per week which is 100% from my income, no government subsidies here, to have this crappy coverage for my family!  How about you pick up the phone and get this situation cleared up?

Sincerely,

Your paying customer

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are going through all this hassle with your insulin company. You pay your high premiums for coverage and they don't have the decency to cover your insulin, return your calls or the doctors' messages. Keep on trying-don't give up! You are truly a diabetic warrior and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ridiculous! Sounds like a worthless company. I was able to get my Apidra and Levemir approved, but when I went in to get my rx filled, they said that with insurance coverage, one vial of Levemir would cost $250!! I'm sorry, but I don't have that kind of money! What kind of crappy insurance coverage is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you. I am going to keep fighting until I win. I will keep you posted on my battle. =D

    ReplyDelete

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.