Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Life is short

Since my daughters' birth I have learned a lot of things about life. Children are blessings from God that teach you what life is really all about and how to love unconditionally. I have learned you have to live each day to its fullest, you are not guaranteed tomorrow. Only you are in control of your reactions, don't let others bring you down. Life is hard and sometimes it feels like the rest of the world should stop because your life feels like it has stopped but it doesn't. You have to keep moving forward. 

The past year has seemed to be a rough one for me, but I can't stop going forward, the loved ones we have lost this year wouldn't want me to stop living life to the fullest. Cherish each and every day, make each day the best day of your life, make other people smile every day, make yourself smile every day for today could be your last.


Nearly a year ago we had to decide to put my 13 year old Boxer, Levi to sleep. I thought everyone else should just stop doing everything because it felt like my heart was going to just break and I am pretty sure part of it did. I felt like there was no way I was going to get past that moment he was gone that moment he stopped breathing.  That moment burned in my mind for months and then it finally started getting less intense and eventually I didnt replay it in my mind constantly.

Then in June I lost my Grandma, my last surviving Grandparent. I loved her very much and miss her a lot. I talked to her the night before she passed, I poured my heart out to her and those words burned in my mind for months.  I wasn't sure if I could get past it but I did with the help of prayer and asking God for the strength to move forward. 

I know no one or nothing lives forever so I have to keep moving forward. The pain never goes away it just gets less intense I think and then you lose another loved one and it all comes flooding back again. Then you go through the process again of getting up and moving forward and dealing with the pain.

Today I have to say goodbye to my cat Simba, I know that sounds really trivial to a lot of people, but I have had this cat for about 12 years as he was a stray.  He has kidney failure and has been in failure for over 2 months that we know of, but today his face has swollen up and he pretty much showed me that he is done fighting.  I can't believe I am here again a year later making this terrible decision for a living being that I love. 

Each loss reminds me just how short life can be and even though a year can seem to drag on, once you look back it is like it was a blink. 

So even though I and some of you reading this have type 1 Diabetes, live each day to its fullest.  Try hard not to let Diabetes ruin your day/week/month.

Tomorrow is not promised and neither is today so live each day like it could be your last.  Enjoy the sunrise and the sunset, enjoy your family and count your blessings instead of complaining about what you don't have or complaining about how hard or stressful your life is. Life is what you make of it.  Things are not what matter in life, family and friends are what matter.  Hold them close and cherish them because someday they will not be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.