Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Toe nails and Diabetes

All the years I have been Diabetic I keep hearing how much I need to take care of my feet.

Today I finally went to the podiatrist to figure out what to do about my chronic ingrown toe nail issue on both my big toes. 

For over 5 years I have been managing these dumb nails myself, digging this tiny piece of nail out and clipping it with a nail clipper.  I have finally had it and I am sick of all the pain involved with this "digging".  

So I think I will just have these little pieces removed and deadened so they don't come back again.  It would be nice to have a toe nail that I don't have cut down so far it looks all crazy. 

Man all this crazy stuff you have to be extra cautious about just because your pancreas decided to quit working. =D

Any of you out there in the world wide web had this done and are happy you did?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have been getting my nails trimmed for over a decade at a podiatrist. Fed up tonight having pain from ingrown nails on big toe. Can't see doctor for 2 weeks so I worked on it my self. Just another issue to have to deal with!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can gets your fixed soon too! I'm ready to have one less issue to manage.

      Delete

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.