Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Oh how I love seeing this Dexcom graph

This Dexcom graph isn't quite yet low enough for me but my high alarm is at 130 (120 is as low at the Dexcom will let you set it, which really aggravates me) and my low at 80.  

Eating no grains, no starch, no real sugar and no fruit and staying under 30 carbs a day, if you eat this way as well, you can achieve closer to normal blood sugars.  I am on month 5 of eating this way and I am still tweaking things to get it nailed down but this sort of graph is what motivates me to keep going down this path.  


I choose to live as close as I can to a non-Diabetic blood sugar and A1C so I can live my life complication free. 

I choose to try as hard as I can to get my A1C down to my personal goal of 5.5% and maybe eventually 5.0% (which is a non-Diabetic A1C).  

I choose to not fight the food I eat with medicine (insulin) that is not adequate enough to fight blood sugar spikes (blood sugar spikes are what cause damage to every inch of my body).

I choose to cook the food I eat and slave over the stove and oven for hours instead of eating pre-packaged food full of preservatives, additives, added sugar, grains or starch.

You can choose to have closer to normal blood sugars too, you just have to make that leap of faith and be prepared for the people you know to look at you like you have two heads because you have decided to live healthier with Diabetes.  Throw out those carbs that most Americans are addicted to. You can do it, the first month REALLY sucks but you can do it, your health is worth it!


 

Do you know how hard food companies go to hide sugar in the food you buy?

61 Names for Sugar

  • Agave nectar
  • Barbados sugar
  • Barley malt
  • Barley malt syrup
  • Beet sugar
  • Brown sugar
  • Buttered syrup
  • Cane juice
  • Cane juice crystals
  • Cane sugar
  • Caramel
  • Carob syrup
  • Castor sugar
  • Coconut palm sugar
  • Coconut sugar
  • Confectioner's sugar
  • Corn sweetener
  • Corn syrup
  • Corn syrup solids
  • Date sugar
  • Dehydrated cane juice
  • Demerara sugar
  • Dextrin
  • Dextrose
  • Evaporated cane juice
  • Free-flowing brown sugars
  • Fructose
  • Fruit juice
  • Fruit juice concentrate
  • Glucose
  • Glucose solids
  • Golden sugar
  • Golden syrup
  • Grape sugar
  • HFCS (High-Fructose Corn Syrup)
  • Honey
  • Icing sugar
  • Invert sugar
  • Malt syrup
  • Maltodextrin
  • Maltol
  • Maltose
  • Mannose
  • Maple syrup
  • Molasses
  • Muscovado
  • Palm sugar
  • Panocha
  • Powdered sugar
  • Raw sugar
  • Refiner's syrup
  • Rice syrup
  • Saccharose
  • Sorghum Syrup
  • Sucrose
  • Sugar (granulated)
  • Sweet Sorghum
  • Syrup
  • Treacle
  • Turbinado sugar
  • Yellow sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.