Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New pump idea from a Dutch company but I don't think I would personally wear it.


 Kaleido


Kaleido: Adding Color to Insulin Pumps with an Odd Hybrid Device

http://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/kaleido-color-pump#1 
"Kaleido is insulin pump therapy for those who don’t believe in boring. Although our main focus is to provide an effective insulin delivery device, we also believe that diabetes is not what defines people –- instead, it’s their personality and freedom to choose. After all, if you’re going to wear something 24/7, it should look good and be something you can enjoy, right? With the choice of 10 colors, customers will be able to choose two pump colors for their Starter Kit."
I dont personally see any benefit of having two things stuck to me, carrying the controller, wearing a cgm and carrying the cgm receiver or a smartphone also.  Too much stuff, sorry Kaleido. I can barely keep the stuff stuck to me now as it is, I dont personally want to add another attachment and worry about building up an adhesive allergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.