Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Monday, September 16, 2013

My health care costs make me sick

So I just did the math of the cost of my health care so far this year and I want to be sick, I should not have done the math.

  • So far this year my insurance has covered $57,582.00 and the portion we owe is $5800.00
  • My childs health care bills so far this year $9700 we owe $1800 
  • Premiums for the entire year $11,300 for our family of three. 
  • Total expenses $67,282 WOW 
  • So far this year we will pay $18,900 without any MORE doctor appointments
  • Equal to a mortgage payment of $1575.00

  • A 30 year mortgage with a payment of $1575 would buy me a $292,184 house!
  •  TWO HUNDRED NINETY TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY FOUR
  • A 15 year mortgage with a payment of $1575 would buy me a $194,728 house!

  • OK CAN YOU READ THOSE NUMBERS?

  • Did I tell you how much I HATE THE HEALTH CARE RIP OFF INDUSTRY!?


How in the HECK is a person suppose to survive with or without health insurance? 

My Diabetes isnt going away, these costs will never stop, ever. 
Granted I wont have a baby every year but the premiums never end, the insulin I need to live will never go away, I will never go off my insulin pump, I will never go off my Dexcom and why should I have to, I shouldn't and I won't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.