Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Migraines and colds really suck

Labor Day I spent the entire day confined to my dark room laying in my bed.  Worst Migraine I have had in many MANY years. I also have a cold, a COLD in September?! WTHeck?  Every time I would attempt to get up I would get very nauseated and felt like I was going to pass out, you know when your hearing goes funky like you are in a tunnel and your vision goes all dark, yeah I had to lay down immediately for fear of my head smacking the ground at an accelerated rate. My husband has never had a migraine so he didn't really understand how sick I was, but it was horrible.  I missed out on some awesome happenings...my dad got his 1914 Dodge running again with the help of my brother and I missed going for a ride in it with my husband and daughter, that sucked, my husband, bother and dad fixed the carb issue my 1971 Dodge Dart was having and they took it for a ride also.  All these things were totally impossible with the flipping migraine I had.  Sucked.  Now that the migraine finally went away Monday night after a lot of medication my COLD decided to kick it up a notch and now my sinuses keep filling up and the post nasal drip and the snot, man I hate snot. Totally unrelated to Diabetes but I just had to vent how MAD I am about the whole day wasted because of stupid migraine.  NOW my daughter probably has this wonderful cold too, great a baby with a cold, this should be fun.  Luckily I was so sick I could hardly eat so my dumb blood sugar decided to behave except for going low repeatedly...drinking juice while wanting to vomit is a fun experience that EVERYONE should get to do. I am so thankful to be amongst the living and for all you migraine sufferers you have my deepest sympathy.  I use to get them a lot and havent had one in years and I pray to God that I dont have another one for many more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.