Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Did you know that insulin was created just a short 90 years ago?

http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/news/90-years-ago-today-two-canadians-won-the-nobel-prize-for-discovering-insuli

October 25, 1923 The two Canadians who invented insulin won the nobel peace prize for creating insulin. If I was born 100 years ago I wouldnt be alive today at 32 years old. Diabetes is treatable with insulin but not curable.  Its a lifelong battle against your blood sugar and preventing complications like kidney failure, loss of feeling in your feet and loss or partial loss of eye sight because of poor control of blood sugar. My pancreas doesnt work and never will again without a real cure, I keep hoping and praying I will see one in my lifetime, if it wont help me at least prevent it in future generations. So they too dont have to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.