Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Diabetic Burnout...I feel it knocking on my door

I am having one of those months.  I am sick and freakin tired of being Diabetic.  I am sick of my blood sugar swings.   I am sick of being so sensitive to insulin that taking my daughter to the doctor by myself warranted eating glucose tablets, I am sick of glucose tablets, because I had to carry her.  Its stupid, I hate it. I am so sick of low blood sugars that its driving me insane.  I have tweaked my t:slim pump settings and I have got them all pretty darn nailed down, but then you throw in a side of life and WHAM I get hit with my Dexcom alarming, you are dropping, you are low, you are REALLY LOW 55!!  Glucose tablets, juice boxes, crackers, all those extra calories that I really didnt plan on eating that day, well there goes the waistline.  So during meal times I barely eat anything for the  most part because if I did eat a normal sized meal I would gain weight because of all those extra calories for lows.

I think I might be having a Dexcom info overload.  Watching my bg spike after every meal is really starting to drive me nuts.  I watch it go up and then come down and sometimes the down part takes to long so I get mad and then I override my pump correction and then I go low.  JEESH.  Well if I dont override it I will just sit higher than I want to be after a meal but then I cause a low no. matter. what!   If I just didnt have to eat my blood sugars would be perfect all day everyday, but then I would die from starvation.  Maybe I do need to start eating super low carb, but that food is so gosh darn boring, I may die from boredom and not only that, but family gatherings and going out to eat become torture for my will power.  

Where is that darn cure! 

I do know that I could not survive without my Dexcom and t:slim insulin pump.  Shots and long acting insulin are just not my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.