Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, October 25, 2013

Did you know that some glucometers can test if your soda/pop is diet or not?

If your meter will cooperate, if it is diet it will say lo or error.  If it is not diet it will register a blood sugar reading.  Just a little tid bit of information I know some people are not aware of. 


Leave me a comment if this has helped you!  I still feel like I am talking to a wall, I would love to hear from some of you!  OK I am begging.  PLEEEEZE.  =D  

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, this is an awesome tip! I'm going to try my One Touch Link meter with diet coke. I always carry urine test strips to check my sodas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tested this before and it works! I found out the hard way, when my Dex (when I was wearing it for a clinical trial) was showing that I was in the 300's with double arrows up! So next time my DH got a regular soda, I tried testing it on my meter and it said, HIGH. Well, I don't actually drink any soda anymore, diet or regular, so it's not an issue, but it DOES work to test it on your meter!

    ReplyDelete

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.