Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, April 10, 2015

Let the war begin......

I have officially declared war again Land Of Lincoln Health in Illinois.

Again, today, I called Land of Lincoln Health and again I was transferred three times, two to the wrong department all together.  Finally got the supervisor on the phone who has twice promised to call me back and neither time called be back.  She apologized for the inconvenience, which I clearly stated to her that fighting for the insulin I need is more than just a simple inconvenience.



One month and 10 days I have been trying to get a tier co-pay over ride because I am allergic to their preferred insulin Novolog. My Endo's office and Land of Lincoln Health's pharmacy services company Catamaran both told me this should be no big deal and that they are forced to do an over ride because I all allergic to their preferred choice of fast acting insulin.

The supervisor told me that the Plan Administrator Manager told her I am forced to pay the higher copay because they do not do over rides for this reason.  That's fine, I will appeal and appeal and appeal until it is over ridden or I switch health insurance companies!

I dont feel that I should be forced to pay a higher copay because I am allergic to the preferred brand AND on top of that, it's the insulin I wear in my INSULIN PUMP that I need to STAY ALIVE.  I cant simply take the preferred, my last reaction was hives all over, do you want me to go into a full blown anaphalactic shock?  I didn't think it should be necessary to go that far to get something I need stay alive covered.

$900.00 per year vs. $420.00 for insulin.  Yeah I am going to fight.  The cost of living with Type 1 Diabetes is expensive enough without my insurance company (that I pay the premium for) telling me they wont cover the only insulin I can take at the lowest copay. 

I don't go quietly into the shadows, EVER, so let the battle begin. 

ANYONE out there win a battle to get the non-preferred insulin covered at the lower copay tier because you were allergic to the preferred?   PLEASE message me or comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.