Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Dexcom graph/info so far on LCHF lifestyle choice.

Before Low Carb High Fat = just doggie doo doo readings the week before.  Average CGM reading 165, not good. Average carbs per day 189, holy cow!




This week so far since Monday April  27th.  Average CGM reading 132.  Its getting better, still figuring out how to bolus for protein and fat instead of carbs.  Average carbs per day 32!






Before LCHF...see those spikes, yeah thats what carbs does to me and pretty much anyone with type one who is/was addicted to carbs.



After LCHF As you can see Monday was day one and kind of a flop but the learning curve is quite confusing trying to figure out fat and protein. 

So far I have all my goals set to  90-130...I know that is not the ideal range but I cant just jump in with both feet totally blind personally.   I have to figure out my insulin needs as I go.   I am COMPLETELY blown away by the fact that I am having less lows and if I am going too low all I need is 1/2 or one glucose tablet to bring me back up.  Lows and an A1C stuck at 8 is my whole reason for doing this and because I want to be damn sure I am here to see my daughter get married and have kids some day.  I love that little girl so much it makes my heart hurt and my face hurt when I am with her because I am smiling all the time. She brings my husband and I so much joy. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to see progress after so many months and years of no progress? Children are my motivation, too - to someday soon be able to have some of my own. Best wishes on your journey! I'm still trying to figure out how to bolus for fats & protein too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, yes it is great to see progress and no huge spikes on my Dexcom. Taking a 1 or 2 unit bolus is just really crazy to me. Im still spiking a little bit but tweaking everything takes a bit of time.

      Delete

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.