Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

#DBlogWeek - Diabetes Blog Week - Clean it Out

 I try hard not to be a hoarder of Diabetic related things but for some reason it is hard not to.  I suppose its because insurance companies seem to fight you on everything you need to survive.

I am fairly certain I have every single blood glucose meter that I have used over the past 15 years. I really don't need to hang onto these things for any medical reasons but each and every one of them has spent such a great deal of time being with me every single day.  I even have the boxes they came in!

We moved back in September so of course every nook and cranny of our home had to be cleaned out and packed up.  I was going through the cabinet that I had all of them stored in.  I considered throwing them out but yet I packed them in a box instead.  My husband joking labelled the box Willford Brimley Diabeeetus, we both laughed.  That box was loaded into my vehicle as to not get lost or smashed.  It also contained my stockpile of Dexcom sensors, test strips, t:slim insulin pump supplies, alcohol wipes, opsite flexifix boxes, a bazillion lancets, and boxes of infusion set iv3000 tape.


I also still have every Dexcom receiver and transmitter I have ever owned...which is one spare old G4 receiver and one old football style one and I think 3 or 4 transmitters that are dead of course.

Why am I hanging on to them?  Im not really sure other than they feel like they were such a big part of my life its like throwing an old friend in the garbage or something.  I know, its crazy.

Will I get rid of them?  I dont think I will just because those things were such a big deal at the time and it was like opening a christmas present every time I got a new meter because we switched insurance companies or the insurance decided to change preferred brands (imagine that right?).

What are you hanging onto that you want to get rid of or keep for eternity?


The topic for today's post is: Yesterday we kept stuff in, so today let's clear stuff out.  What is in your diabetic closet that needs to be cleaned out?  This can be an actual physical belonging, or it can be something you're mentally or emotionally hanging on to.  Why are you keeping it and why do you need to get rid of it?  (Thank you Rick of RA Diabetes for this topic suggestion.)
http://www.bittersweetdiabetes.com/2015/05/diabetes-blog-week.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.