Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

#DBlogWeek - Diabetes Blog Week - Favorites and Motivations

(Again sorry this is late)

Im not sure I have a favorite blog post that I have ever written but I know I have a blog post that has seemed to have helped a lot of people.  

This post: Diabetic Warrior Dexcom and Opsite Flexifix tutorial Has seemed to  have helped many people as I get told over and over again how helpful it was and for me this tape is the best stuff ever made.

I am somewhat sensitive to adhesives, almost all of them give me a rash of some description.  If I wear a band aid for more than one day I get an awesome red rash.

I can wear Smith & Nephew Infusion Set iv3000 around my insulin pump sites (anywhere) and my Dexcom sensors 100% of the time get Smith & Nephew Opsite Flexifix(this is the 4" wide, I use 2" wide but I can't find it) under them and then after about a week also around the top of the white built in tape.

Tape doesn't like to stick to me.  I have tried many many many combinations and I am allergic to skin tac (figures since it works so darn well) and tough pads are falling off me in a matter of 1 day.  I move around a lot every day, I sweat pretty easily thanks to hyperhidrosis (I have too many sweat glands, yeah its great) and I apparently have weird skin. 

So for me this is what works to keep the dia-junk on me that I have to wear every single day. It may help you as well, but it seems that a lot of trial and error and money spent are how many people figure out what works best for them.





Topic for Saturday: If you have been blogging for a while, what is your favorite sentence or blogpost that you have ever written?  Is it diabetes related or just life related?  If you are a new blogger and don't have a favorite yet, tell us what motivated you to start sharing your story by writing a blog?  (Thank you Laddie of Test Guess and Go for suggesting this topic.)
http://www.bittersweetdiabetes.com/2015/05/diabetes-blog-week.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.