Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dexcom why must you poke me?

Anyone else wear a Dexcom and get poked occasionally by it?  I swear I am the only dang person this happens to.  I am completely unable to wear Dex on my arm because it goes straight into muscle and that hurts like the dickens and the legs I am too chicken to even think about.  I cant even wear my pump there without incredible pain by day two.  So my Dex is always on my sides and if I even think about trying it in a place with not a lot of fat it just pokes the living crap out of me.  I swear it is poking my peritoneal wall or my abdominal wall or something?!   All I know is that it hurts and if I leave it on, it actually becomes sore to the point I want to rip it off!  I am on week 2 of this sensor and it is starting to hurt.  As if Diabetes isnt enough already, the crap I wear to control it hurts me.  Annnd now my blood sugar is dropping to the point where I feel like I am falling out of this damn roller coaster and if I dont intervene at this point I will be below 70 in 5-10 minutes.  Awesome.  I have to get my daughter and get groceries.  Even more awesome.  I HATE low blood sugars!

Through all of this I still would not give my Dexcom up for anything.  I'd cut my arm off first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.