Conquering life living with Type 1 Diabetes

Friday, August 9, 2013

Pregnancy and Diabetes and how Dexcom made it possible....I have a 6 month old baby!

Since starting my other blog, which I have now moved here, I have had a baby!  I cant really give any moment by moment blogs about it since I am no longer pregnant but I can tell you that it is possible and with the right team and support system anyone can do it!  It was actually a lot easier for me than I expected it to and my insulin needs didn't really jump up that high but I tried to eat a normal amount of carbs for me and not indulge in many of my cravings and that was HARD to do but it can be done!  I had my Dexcom CGM and my MM pump throughout the whole thing and without my Dexcom attached to me there is no way I could've done as good of a job as I did.  My Dexcom is my LIFELINE without it I would feel like you chopped my arm off.  Dexcom is such a priceless tool in my Diabetes toolbag.  It not only saves my life when I am low and do not know it but it also helps me to pick out better more diabetic friendly foods.  I cant lie to my Dexcom about what I ate, it is reflected on the graph.  Dexcom keeps me responsible for my Diabetes and reminds me, hey there buddy I am watching your every move, dont try to fool me, you can't.  So if you go ahead and eat that KING SIZE candy bar, I will know it and I will scream at you with two arrows pointing straight up and I will beep at you to tell you, hey whatever you just ate, yeah that probably wasn't a good decision  because now I am going to cuss at you and beep and vibrate to remind you how dumb of a decision that was!  Then I am going to tell on you to your Endo and he is going to see that crazy insane blood sugar spike. Yep, Dexcom keeps me responsible for my disease.  So do I and did I avoid any carb loaded sugar infested foods while pregnant and even now today, you bet your butt I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

➼ Please leave a comment, help keep me motivated to blog. Your email address will not be published and you will not receive any spam. Any comments with links or spam will not be published so do not waste your time.